Sardis Forest Dolphins
The summer league swim team for members of the Sardis Forest Swim Club.
The Final MEETS
So, the weather really got us this week!!
Below is the schedule for next week and a few IMPORTANT things [please read].
Also, watch for an email Sunday with more details.
- Regular practices Mon-Wed
- Monday is Smoothie King practice--every swimmer gets a small smoothie!
- MEET Monday, June26th--AWAY vs JCC
- MEET Tuesday, June 27th--Make-up AWAY vs LAKE PARK
MEET Wednesday, June 28th--Make-up HOME vs Marvin Creek
- Merch will be available to purchase. Bring your cash!
- 50/50 raffle will continue. Bring your cash and ticket from Thursday!
- Senior night--recognize our graduated Seniors!
LOCK-IN Wednesday, June 28th after the last HOME MEET!
- 8&under stay until Midnight, 9&up can stay the night until 7:30am
- $5 until midnight--includes pizza, $10 for the whole night--includes pizza and donuts
Both of the make-up meets will pick up where they left off. Shrimpers will not need to attend unless they are swimming up for an event.
- Go to Team Calendar - Sardis Forest Swim Team (swimtopia.com)
- mark your swimmer's attendance for the meet if its changed.(Marvin Creek will be under past events) [green "MEET ENTRY" button next to the meet]
- ALSO mark their attendance for the ALL STARS meet on July 10th. [green "MEET ENTRY" button next to the meet]
- Click green "JOB SIGN-UP" button next to each meet and adjust your sign-up if needed. Or email Robin at [email protected] and let her know if you cannot fulfill your sign-up.
- Parents be on the lookout to see where you can sign up to help in any spots that people were no longer able to keep.
Thank you for rolling with all the changes with the crazy weather. We know next week will be full. We appreciate you all and your amazing Volunteering that makes this all possible!!
Your SFST Committee!
Week of June 19th
The season is cruising along...only 3 meets left.
Monday, June 19th--Away meet at Lake Park
(3801 Lake Park Rd, Indian Trail, NC)
Tuesday, June 20th--Smoothie practice!
All swimmers will receive a small Smoothie King smoothie.
- Thursday, June 22nd--Home Meet vs Marvin Creek
Watch for SWIMTOPIA alerts for last minute weather updates, or an email if you don't have the app, or have your notifications turned off.
Email [email protected] with any last minute absences.
AND PLEASE mark attendance if you know you will be out for any of the last 3 meets. (Team Calendar - Sardis Forest Swim Team (swimtopia.com)).
Remember that team Picture?? Don't worry info coming soon.
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
- June 26th--Our final meet (away vs. JCC)
- June 26th--LOCK-IN following the JCC meet.
- July 8th -- ALL STARS MEET
- July 10th--End of Year AWARDS Banquet--Stay tuned for time and location.
Your SFST Committee!!
Updates for the Week
Tuesday-regular practice schedule
Wednesday-regular practice schedule
Thursday-meet at Brightmoor, swimmers arrive and check in with coaches at 5:20
Friday-no practice, Come to the pool for the "School's Out for Summer" celebration and cookout, food served at 6:00pm, order tickets here https://sardisforestswimclub.com/concessions/
Morning Practice Schedule begins Monday, June 12th
Mock Meet and photos
The Mock Meet and Team Photo is this Thursday, June 1st.
RSVP: Please go to the TEAM Calendar on https://sfstdolphins.swimtopia.com/ and RSVP as attending or not attending for the MOCK Meet by Tuesday.
Download the SWIMTOPIA app: Receive important updates through push notifications about weather or last minute changes(this will be our mode of communication rather than using remind)
Mock Meet: our main purpose of the mock meet is to train ALL of our parents as volunteers. Please come ready to learn.
- As you arrive please check in with Robin Williams at the volunteer check in.
- Parents, if you signed up for “meet set up,” please plan to arrive at 4:30
- If you have any questions about the positions - please see Swim Team 101 - Sardis Forest Swim Team (swimtopia.com)
- Swimmer Photos: The photographer will be at the pool the evening of the Mock Meet beginning at 5:00 to take individual swimmer or sibling photos. There will be a $5 flat fee for the individual or sibling photos. Please fill out this google form (https://forms.gle/JDucztuZCr8fKyG27)if you are interested.
- Team photo will be at 5:30. Everyone will get access to the team photo. Please have your swimmer in their team suit and photo ready by 5:20. ALL swimmers will be included and recieve access to the photo. Please wear your team suit or a blue or black suit, and remove any rash guards for the photo.
Wave Café: We will be serving a plate with a Hot dog, chips and Water/capri sun, This is FREE for swimmers that have brought in their donations. And $3 each for family members and 2nd
Register for 2023 SFST Swim Team Here
2023 Practice Schedule
Evenings: May 8th to June 8th (Monday-Friday)
6 & Under (Shrimpers) - 5:00 - 5:30 pm
7-10 - 5:30 - 6:30 pm
11 & Up - 6:30 - 7:30 pm
Mornings: June 12th to June 30 (Monday to Thursday)
6 & Under (Shrimpers) - 8:00 - 8:30 am
7 - 10 - 8:30 - 9:30 am
11 & Up - 9:30 - 10:30 am
Friday Focus: June 16th, & 23th
7 & Up only – 8:00 - 9:00 am
(Shrimpers rest on Fridays)
Swimmers will need to leave the pool promptly at 9am.
All-Star Practices: June 28-30, July 3rd, 5, 6&7th Times TBD
(Participation determined by Coaches)
Registration Opening Monday, April 3rd, 2023
Are you looking ahead to summer swim for 2023? See last summer's practice (2022) schedule under our celebration post to get an idea of practice days/times.
Our meet schedule is below.
6/5 - Home against Landen Meadows
6/8 - Away against Brightmoor
6/12 - Home against Waverly
6/15 - Home against Beverly Crest
6/19 - Away against Lake Park
6/22 - Home against Marvin Creek
6/26 - Away against JCC
7/8 - All-Star Meet at 6 pm. (Saturday night)
Way to Go Dolphins!!!
Congratulations to the Division 6 Champs AND Sportsmanship Award winning Dolphins! We are so proud of you and our whole team!
If you still need to check the ribbon box, check with a coach or comittee member next time you are at the pool.
The results are in! Click here to see the All-Star Meet results. (This was an official meet and there were some DQs. If you have questions, please ask Coach Erin.)
2022 Practice Schedule
Evenings: May 9th to June 8th (Monday-Friday, except May 27th)
6 & Under (Shrimpers) – 5:00-5:30 pm
7-10 – 5:30-6:30 pm
11 & Up – 6:30-7:30 pm
Mornings: June 9th to June 30th (Monday-Thursday, except June 28th)
6 & Under (Shrimpers) – 8:00-8:30 am
7-10 – 8:30-9:30 am
11 & up – 9:30-10:30 am
Friday Focus Practice: June 10th, 17th, & 24th (Note: 8 AM START!)
7 & Up only – 8:00-9:00 am (Shrimpers rest on Fridays)
SFST 2022 Slide Show 🐬
Click here to watch if you missed the slide show at the awards ceremony! It will be available to view and/or download for the month of July only.
Thank you Patricia Kozek for putting this together.
Dolphin Photo Gallery
Thank you Madison Sims for taking our team photo!
Dolphins check out the banner at the pool!
Please use this link to access the team picture and individuals, if you had them taken. You are able to order right through the gallery or download and share as you'd like.
Lock-In RSVP ✅ ASAP
UPDATE: If your swimmer will be attending either part of the Lock-In on Thursday night, please RSVP today. We need to plan for pizza and lifeguards.
The night swim, immediately after the Awards Ceremony, (10pm-12am) is for all members of the team. Swimmers make sure to bring bathing suit and towel. The lock-in, stay the night at the pool, is for ages 9 and up. For those staying the night, pick-up time is 7am.
Click here to go to the Team Calendar and use the green RSVP button.
For more details see this week's latest email or contact Hope Morgan if you have questions.
Team registration is open!
Thursday!!--Mock Meet, team photos, and the first morning practice!!
TEAM PHOTO--Thursday before the Mock Meet!
- Individual Swimmer Photos: fill out this google form if you are interested and bring $5.
- Team photo will be at 5:30. Please have your swimmer in their team suit and photo ready by 5:30.
Mock Meet: check in with Robin Williams for a brief info session at 5:45.
- Parents, if you signed up for meet set up, please plan to arrive at 4:30 to help with setting up for the mock meet and to learn what that looks like.
RSVP: Please go to the TEAM Calendar and RSVP as attending or not attending for the MOCK Meet by Tuesday.
MORNING Practices will begin Thursday morning.
- Shrimpers: 8-8:30am
- 7-10: 8:30-9:30am
- 11 and up: 9:30-10:30am
- Hot dog plate FREE for swimmer's that have brought in their donations. And $3 each for family members and 2nds.
- ALSO, Please bring in your Wave Cafe donations that you signed up for if you have not already. And if you still need to sign up please sign up here https://www.signupgenius.com/
Wave Cafe Donations
Click here to sign up if you haven't already. Thank you!
Getting Closer...SUMMER 2022!!!
Summer is getting closer and we're prepping and planning and getting it all ready. The pool is getting an overhaul and we've got new starting blocks arriving too! We can't wait for y'all to jump in!
Looking ahead we've got afternoon practices starting May 9th and plan to switch to morning practices June 9th. More specific details coming soon. Until then feel free to check out the meet schedule under TEAM CALENDAR.
Thanks for splashing by 🐬
Check back in early spring for 2022 summer league swim team registration!
Click around and explore our site for an idea of what's involved in being an SFST Dolphin family. You'll find some helpful info on the Swim Team 101 tab.
Check the Team Calendar tab and choose past events to see what a typical season looks like. Practice schedule from last year is below for reference. Scroll through our News and read all about the fun we have every summer. Send any questions you have to [email protected]
We'd love for your family to join our SFST family. 🐬
Summer League National Championship results are in!
SFST placed 9th out of 30 teams that submitted results. There were over 150 teams that initially registered for this virtual meet. Thanks Coach Erin for working with Swimmingly to get our results entered.
The top ten teams we competed with were from – CA, CO, MI, NV, NC, SC, 2 from British Columbia and one called Blue Wave (not sure where - there are several across the country). Maybe not huge participation, but pretty cool, right?!
Congratulations to our Dolphins that placed in the top ten overall for these events.
Congratulations to our Record-Breaking Dolphins!
Addy Donaldson – 15-18 Freestyle - 28.20
Addy Donaldson – 15-18 Backstroke - 33.02
Anderson Harris – 9-10 Butterfly - 16.82
KC Carney, Addy Donaldson, Jule Howard and Teagan Kozek
15-18 Medley Relay - 2:18.45
15-18 Freestyle Relay - 2:00.99
Way to go Dolphins!
It’s our last fun-filled week! Reminders and to-dos!
1. Double-check your child’s meet entry (attendance) for Monday and Wednesday.
2. If you haven’t volunteered, sign up NOW!
3. RSVP for your child’s Night Swim. We will collect $5 for each swimmer attending.
All these things are found under the Team Calendar tab.
Additional details can be found in 6/25 SFST email.
Tuesday is the last Pod Wars practice!!!
ALL AGES practice together 8:30am-10am. Special treat from Smoothie King at the end of practice. Popsicles provided for those with food allergies, let us know!
Reminders for this week!Posted on June 25, 2023
Updates for the Week
Tuesday-regular practice schedule
Wednesday-regular practice schedule
Thursday-Meet at Brightmoor, swimmers arrive and check in with coaches at 5:20
Friday-no practice, Come to the pool for the "School's Out for Summer" celebration, food served at 6:00pm
Sardis Forest Dolphins
We are the summer league swim team for members of the Sardis Forest Swim Club.